Top Ten Books I’d Love To See As Movies
From books to movie adaptations – I love this current trend! Not only does it get people to read more, it’s also a fun experience to compare how I imagined the book with how the movie producers envision the story.
I understand that the book is almost always better than the movie, and the movie will NEVER follow the book precisely. And that’s okay. Usually I read the book and then forget everything that happens, so when I watch the movie months/years later it’s a brand new experience for me. I never remember what’s going to happen!
Here are my top ten picks for books I’d love to see as movies:
1. A Few Seconds of Radiant Filmstrip: A Memoir of Seventh Grade by Kevin Brockmeier
I didn’t get this book. At all. Maybe as a movie I would.
2. The Feather Pillow by Horacio Quiroga
I don’t like scary movies, but I know how this one ends!
3. Horrorstor by Grady Hendrix
I hated this book, but finished it anyway. The movie may bring a new appreciation to the story. Maybe.
4. Girls Like Us by Gail Giles
Such a poignant story with great movie potential. I would need tissues to watch this one.
5. Winger by Andrew Smith
Who doesn’t want to see their all-time favorite book as a movie?!
6. The List by Siobhan Vivian
The new Mean Girls? Perhaps.
7. Hug Machine by Scott Campbell
What a cute story – kids would eat this movie up!
8. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
The satire in this book is wonderfully awesome, and Americans desperately need to hear the overall message of this book.
9. My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by Stephanie Perkins
These stories need to be on Hallmark. Now.
10. Ghostopolis by Doug TenNapel
Graphic novels need to be movies, too! Great potential for a really interesting animated film.
Check out Top Ten Tuesday for more top ten lists!